Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I decided to rearrange the comics section of my office/library. What follows is a photographic record of this fun-filled project. 

Here are a few "before" pictures.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the idea of documenting this process until after I had unpacked the bookcase on the left, so I took a photo of the books piled on the floor, just to give an idea of the sheer mass of the things. 

This is the corner of my library wherein my comics collection resides. As you can see, it's a bit cramped. There are two bookcases--one prefab and one I built myself--housing my graphic novels, cartoon collections, and comics-related prose. Unfortunately, the long boxes in front of them render half the collection inaccessible. 

My plan is to move the shelves perpendicular to the door and the long boxes behind them, hopefully making the room more functional and less cluttered. 

I'll keep you posted of my progress.





No comments: